Never Give Up

I met this gorgeous and inspiring woman on my way to a shoot for a special project I am working on. I asked if I could take her photograph and explained what I do with Advanced Style.Her friend told me that Norma had been treated for lymphoma, and  that she looked wonderful and dressed up no matter what, even in the hospital. I asked Norma to share her story with everyone, so that we can all be inspired to never give up. Check out Norma's inspirational words below:

"My name is Norma Zaremby and I am 63 years old.  I worked in advertising for many years, lost my job in 2003 and then went to work for Bergdorf Goodman.Unfortunately in July 2009 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma and the only way to try to save my life was a bone marrow transplant, which I received in September 2010.  I was given the bone marrow of a young male donor who I did not know, but who was gracious enough to try and help me.  I haven't had hair since 2009 and there are many side effects to the transplant, but I have never let my appearance change.  I never have a bad hair day--I just wrap my head with different scarves.  I taught myself how and have quite a collection. My motto is "never let them see you sweat." Maybe I can be an inspiration to other women who are battling cancer and maybe we can help others."

No comments:

Post a Comment